15 March 2023

Congo in Mesoamerica


Finally back to catching up with my blog posts from last week. Two more to go after this one.

My friend Luis has been working on a modification of the Congo ruleset for Mesoamerica. He has done a terrific job on putting together the stats and cards for modification. Graham has painted all the figures required for the game, so last Sunday last we gathered at Graham's for a game.

This was a two on two game with Jean-Jacques and Graham playing the Conquistadors while myself and Luis played the Aztecs. The details of the war bands are a little foggy now but I will post some photos. We each had two leaders and there was an Aztec priest in the middle of the table protected by Luis's warband. If I have it right each leader was worth a VP and if the Conquistadors killed the priest it was 10 points.
Here are my troops, the figures are absolutely beautiful. I had 3 groups with 2 leaders.
Jean-Jacques and Graham putting together their cunning plan to kill the Native Americans
Much of the battle of course centred around the centre of the table, here we have the hapless sacrifice about to be killed by the Teopixqui with the Spanish and their allies trying to stop him.
Of course if there are 14th Century Spanish, there is going to be a Priest. I was able to kill him. I suppose I will go to the underworld now. Those mounted Conquistadors will surely send me there.
The final battle, if I remember correctly Jean-Jacques snuck is troops around surprising the Teopixqui and killing him. The Aztecs were in pretty bad shape at the time.

Well this was a fun and beautiful game, we did lose but it was fun. Luis has really put together an excellent modification for Congo, which I suspect will become quite popular.

2 comments: