23 July 2022

What a Cowboy-High Noon

Myself and Pierre-Yves played another game in person last week, this time "What a Cowboy". The test game is now at version 27 and I believe that it will be released before the end of this year. We decided to try the mounted rules, as we had not tried them before.

We were set up with 4 characters each: a Legend, Gunslinger, Shootist and Greenhorn, respectively armed with an Adams revolver, a Winchester, a Shotgun as well as a Six-Shooter. We had 2 desperado cards each and the layout was as below. 

My starting edge was in the foreground

The game went quite quickly and I would say we came to clear conclusion in 2 1/2 hours, I should note that it has been more then 6 months since I last played but we have played enough so we pick up the rules quite quickly.
P-Y's Legend-The High Plains Drifter
I believe it is the first time I have had a clear victory with this ruleset, but I have to say that I had some very good dicing. As usual, it was a lot of fun.

3 comments:

  1. Yes nice terrain, interesting game John .

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good wargame of cowboys is always a treat. In the past, my father and I played several of them using Featherstone's skirmish rules and the Timpo figures of my youth. 'Light and breezy' wargaming and always fun.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete