01 November 2023

Carnevale

In 2017, I bought into the Carnevale kickstarter from TTCombat. From what I understand, TTCombat had just bought the rules that had been released some years earlier from the company who had launched them. They revamped the rules, added a lot of figures and developed a lot of terrain and then launched the Kickstarter.

At the time, I painted some of the figures and sort of forgot about the whole thing aside from pulling out some of the mdf terrain and using it for Pulp Alley. I recently noted that one of the Facebook members of Soirée Peinture was posting some photos of the Carnevale figures, I decided to investigate and found out that it was Antoine, one of the members of our newly founded Montreal Historical Wargaming Club. After a brief discussion we decided to get together for a game two weeks ago at the Abyss.
Gangs

The Guild (Antoine)
Capodecina
Baroni
Recruiter
Gondolier
Citizen w/dog
Gondola


Strigoi (John)
Blood Crone
Strigoi Priest
2 Romani
2 Nosferatu 
Gondola


The Game

We played The Guild scenario from the main rulebook, this is an Attacker/Defender Setup. Points were gained for eliminating your opponent's characters as well capturing objectives. Here are some photos of the game, it was a while ago so I do not remember all the details. It was close!

I had a lot of fun with this game, and will definitely look forward to our next game. I have already painted 2 new figures for my Strigoi gang, I also have a Rashaar gang which I am sure will see the light of day soon enough. Thanks to Antoine for introducing me to the game and having thoroughly reviewing the ruleset before our game.

3 comments:

  1. That board looks fantastic. I'm extremely jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look really cool - I have looked at the TT range of mdf buildings a few times, mainly because they seem very competitively priced, as well as looking very attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work on terrain and figures.

    ReplyDelete