11 October 2022

Innsmouth Gold-Pulp Alley

I have been recently experimenting with the Pulp Alley Ruleset, it is an enormous amount of fun and I am getting figures on the table that have never been there. I am a big HP Lovecraft fan and I was going through the Pulp Alley videos on YouTube a few weeks ago and saw one entitled Innsmouth Gold. Right up my alley for gaming and all the figures I have painted from the Mansions of Madness boxsets.

I went ahead and downloaded the scenarios from the Pulp Alley store and got some figures out, had a look and put the following league together: The Arkham Investigators.
I took the Company of Heros perk, so I could have 2 sidekicks. The names are all from the Mansions of Madness game. I have maybe 12 investigators painted up, so I can rotate out the sidekicks and ally easily, but I decided to send these characters in first. 
The Arkham Investigators

The next challenge was the terrain, and I am certainly not set up for Pulp Alley gaming yet, but I did remembered that I had a bunch of Venetian mdf pieces that I got from the Carnevale kickstarter that would work for the Innsmouth scenario. Could have had some buildings but the excess bases are standing in for the same. I have ordered some more buildings from TTCombat, they are well priced and are quite nice to put together. I suspect that I will be putting some Venetian leagues together in the near future.
This was the ending position of the characters with Joe Diamond making it to the boat. The trick was  for the supporting characters to engage the Innsmouth denizens (NPC's) as they spawn very quickly.
Here are some Deep Ones and a couple of Innsmouth denizens before they have taken to the sea.
Dexter Drake did a great job and must of taken out 4-5 creatures.
They just kept on spawning
Agatha Crane and Father Mateo had a tougher time as their skills were not really up to taking out the Innsmouth inhabitants but they were pretty good dodgers.

Well it took about 20 go's for Joe Diamond to get the Golden Idol on the the motor cutter so he could make his escape but I did learn a lot on how to play the game.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment