19 February 2023

Congo- The Treasure of Makoko Mbe

Last Saturday after our CoC game Graham set up a Studio Tomahawk Congo game. This is number 6 scenario from the ruleset.

Premise

Deep in the Congo in the small village of Mbe, near which is supposedly buried the treasure of Makoko Mbe, the last chief of the Teke. Legend says that the treasure is buried beneath an idol guarded by 4 Fanatical Warriors. Professor Gustaaf van den Gheyn has discovered this legend and is leading a column of explorers to discover if the legend is true. Unfortunately the infamous Arabic trader Fayçal al Mutawi has heard word of this expedition and is leading his Zanzibari's there.

The Game

P-Y played the Zanzibari's for the first half of the game, but had to leave so Graham took over. I played the White Man Expeditions. There were 4 totems to pick up on as well as the treasure in the centre of the table guarded by the 4 fanatical warriors. I only took a couple of photos unfortunately.

I send forward my Warriors, to take on the Fanatical Warriors. They had some success.
The Zanzibari's advanced bit I was able to dig up the treasure, and run with it. My Warriors ended up dropping it but my Ruga Ruga were able to pick it up and make it to the table edge.

It was a good game again, the command decisions are certainly challenging and that makes it a good game. I believe I will always enjoy playing this game.

I am on a work week starting tomorrow (I still work one week out of the month), and am in the US for the week following sorting various personal issues (like figuring out my taxes for the year) so no gaming until the beginning of March. The good news is that I already have some games set up.


1 comment:

  1. A bit brief on the AAR John, but looks/ sounds like a cool game...a version of Frostgrave so rings to mind? Good luck in the US, particularly with your taxes, hopefully you don't have as much trouble figuring them out as Mr Trump appears to have had!

    ReplyDelete