08 November 2022

Pulp Alley-The Fog

 

I had my second game of Pulp Alley with my friend Luis at the Abyss in Montreal on Sunday. We played a stand alone scenario "The Fog". This scenario was set in a swamp with decreasing LOS as the fog spread over the area where the plots points were placed. There were 4 minor plot points with a major plot point that could only be picked up once all the other plot points had been obtained.

I decided to go with my "Order of the Jade Dragon" league. One of the stipulations in set up was that both players had to use "half leagues". I decided to go with the "Company of Heroes" perk. The rest of the details can be seen below. 
The figures are from Westward Production's Empire of the Dead line. Like my Baker Street figures, they are quite nice and I was happy to finally get them on the table. As the half league is rounded up, I took my leader and the two sidekicks. I was lucky enough to get a bystander from the Random Events table who I made a scout.

Luis went with one of the PA leagues, I do not have the details but I am sure the figures will be recognised.

Luis's terrain was really terrific, as you can see below. I am very lucky to be playing Pulp Alley with 2 friends who are great with terrain.
Luis-blue, The Tong-red, Evil Denizens-yellow
The Inscrutable Tong
Tae-goo had quite a tough time of it.
My bystander was quite useful in distracting the Denizens for Tae-goo initially
The General Advance
Luis's leader try to pick up a plot point
Tough work in the centre
Meanwhile Jae-sik was able to pick up a plot point, his second.
The approaching Fog
Six turns came up quickly, I was able to pick up 3 plot points to Luis's 1 plot point, but I was poorly positioned to go for the major plot point that Luis's leader was able to pick up in turn 6.

Another great game but stymied yet again by Luis. We will see how it goes the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment