03 January 2023

Fangs of the Wolf-Game 4 (4 sessions)


 Bit late getting this update out as these battle were played a couple of months ago. Back to Eero's massive virtual warm, we are now at Game 4 and the Soviets continue to slog it out. So far they have just one game but hope springs eternal as we go into this game. This game was played over 4 sessions through out September to November. Continuing for the Soviets is myself, while Mikko and Jarkko are taking the Finns. Unfortunately Janne's schedule did not allow him to continue, so I am taking two platoons in this series of sessions.

We are now at Table L, Hallasenaho Farm, about 38 kilometres north of the village of Suomussalmi, in central-eastern Finland, about forty kilometres east from the border of the Soviet Union. I have to say that this game went quite poorly for me although I probably had the best forces available to me on this campaign with two MMG Platoons. I started with a very poor patrol phase where my JOP's ended quite close to the Finns and my two entrenchments were captured quite easily. I probably also withdrew one of my platoons a little too early.

But let us let Eero tell the story as linked through his excellent reports on the Wargamer's Forum. I will post some excellent photos below.

Sessions 1 & 2

Sessions 3 & 4


1 comment: