08 July 2023

Muskets & Tomahawks-Battle in the Wilderness

Last Thursday week, myself and Luis got together for a game of Muskets and Tomahawks. It is always good to get in a game with Luis as he is a spirited player. It was also important to get in this game as I was doing a demonstration game with 2 new players three days hence and I had not played for a while. It was good that we did this as I had really forgotten some of the mechanisms but after a couple of turns we were good to go.

We decided on a 500 point game with the following warbands.
We diced up for the type of game, it was going to be in the Wilderness, and we both ended up getting Battle as our victory condition and deployment criteria. Luis was the attacker.  I will let the photos do the talking.

Terrain
The British Assault
Compagnies Franches de la Marine
The Coureurs Devi Bois and Canadien aligned Indians advance
I was able to sneak up a unit of Rangers which gave the Canadians some trouble
The battle line, the river made it difficult.

It was a fun game, with a marginal British victory but we did make an error in set up as I initially gave myself a Sachem with only 6 Indians giving me a bit of an advantage with the Avant Garde card, so it was ultimately a draw. Certainly this outing confirmed what a good rules this is.

 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great little skirmish game although I do not know these rules at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb terrain and figures!

    ReplyDelete