19 April 2015

Leadership

It seems I seldom post my painted work now. Most of my posts are more towards the wargaming related activities rather then painting. I still paint though but really it is much more directed to need then previous. My recent foray into the General Bonaparte meets Chain of Command revealed a need for more mounted colonels. I have lots of Prussians but had to order some Austrians and Brunswickers from Perry. I also needed some Dark Age cavalry leaders for my Men of the North. These are from Footsure Miniatures and are quite nice.

Four colonels from Calpe. I am not sure why most of their leaders look left!
Most of my Prussian force are modeled around the 100 Days Campaign
From R to L: Oberst von Reckow IR21-4th Pomeranian, Oberst von Bismark 1st Landwehr of Elbe, Oberstleutnant von Wienskowski IR23-2nd Upper Silesian,  Major von Koschkull IR18-3rd West Prussian
The Champion Cyneric and Legatus Antoninus

The photos were taken overexposed, which I must say is harder to correct then those taken underexposed. Well I am doing my somewhat regular review of my Napoleonic troops, I have become quite curious on how many I have actually painted. I am laying them all out on table, hopefully have some new photos soon.

9 comments:

  1. The Mounted Leaders for the Dark Age Campaign look great. The Nappy figures are nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking figures. The Prussians all look to the left because they are Sinister...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, but I sort of like the Prussians!

      Delete
    2. It was more of a play on words, John, although the later Prussians ARE my least favorite Napoleonic army. Still one has to admire what they accomplished in 1813. Without them, Napoleon would almost certainly have retained his throne. They did well in 1814 and 1815 as well.

      Delete
    3. Just pan the camera, all will be revealed. :-)

      Great work ol'boy

      Delete
  3. These look fantastic John ! Great work we need to get another game in soon !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am all for it Ricky, we will talk at Huzzah.

      John

      Delete
  4. Nice job on these, good to see some brushworks once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete