18 August 2024

Some Napoleonic Terrain


Our next planned GdA battle will be Quatre Bras. I am taking the scenario from the GdA Hundred Days sourcebook, with some amendments to make it work with GdA2 (skirmisher generation and number of ADC's). We are hoping to have the game in late September or Early October. It will be a club event and we will play it over 2 days with between 6-12 players on a 5x7' table. 
The scenario map from the book with a 5x7'grid

I have been working on the 2 farm complex over the last month and I am close to done, maybe some minor changes in the flock colour yet to be decided.

The building were printed from STL's available from 3D Print Terrain. The files are originally in 1/72 and I first printed them at 75% (15mm), they came out well but it was pretty obvious that the footprint was still too big. I then decided to go with the 6mm STLs, that were available but doubled the scale to 12mm. Although the documentation that came with the STLs said you could print at 12mm, I was not that happy with the quality so I went back to the original STL's and printed them at 60%. I went through a full spool of PLA in this process. I felt the 1/72 STLs were better so I finished the project with these.

In the first photo, we have Gemioncourt Farm on the left and the Quatre Bras farm on the right. The complex sizes are 9" and 7" in dimension so only slightly larger than what is on the scenario map.


The STL files come with all the buildings and fences of the actual farms but I left out pieces to reduce the size of the footprint. It was a bit of a challenge but I think they look ok. as you can see the large complex, Gemioncourt, is the centre piece of the battle and is a strongpoint according to the scenario rules.


No comments:

Post a Comment