14 August 2024

Carnevale-Street Fight

The week before last myself and Antoine finally go together for another game of Carnevale. Personal circumstances had forced me to cancel some previously scheduled games so I was happy to finally get together. We decided to play at the Abyss as it is about half way between where we both live. I decided to play my Rashaar for this game, Antoine stuck with The Guild. 
The Rashaar are quite different than the Strigoi which I previously played. They have no shooting ability but have a very interesting ability where they consume the mindless in their gang to replenish their life points. Thus you see 4 slaves in my gang!

We played The Street Fight scenario, quite simple the attacker has to move across a 2x4' area of Venice, points for how many characters make it and points to the defender for how many attackers he kills. The usual Agendas are in play, but are not replenished. We dice off and I won and decided to play in defence.

The Table

Another terrific table by Antoine with just one cardboard building in use.
The Finish Line for The Guild
The Game
I was unsure how to start but felt it would be prudent to keep a slave close to each main character to be consumed as needed. Most of the Rashaar operate better in the water than on land.
Antoine puts 2 of his characters in a gondola to speed them along.
Lots of action here, with the Rasher attacking the characters in the gondola, they have also launched an attack along their right flank (foreground). 
I was quite successful in thwarting both the attack by canal and by land but.....
....Two of The Guild managed to escape. When we tallied the points the defenders had a solid victory.!

This was another fun game, I am still learning the mechanics but am improving and Antoine kindly always points out tactics to me which I miss along the way. I will keep at this game, as I quite enjoy it. I especially like the Rashaar gang, they were a lot of fun to play. And I may just add another character!

No comments:

Post a Comment