22 January 2019

A Panoply of Terrain

This has been a very slow start for me and I am fearful that it will be difficult to hit my 500 point goal for this year's Challenge. I do have some figures in the queue but have not been drawn to them yet. What I always need is terrain, so my second submission has focused on clearing off the terrain pile. This is for my WWII and ACW gaming.

Linear Obstacles

Stone Walls
75"x1" of 1/72 scale Italeri
Snake Rail Fence
60"x1/2" of 1/100 scale Battle Terrain Concepts
Every little stick was individually glued!
Sandbags 
24"x1/2" of 1/100 scale Novus Design Studio

Roads/Bridges

Dirt Roads
110"x2.5"  Novus Design Studio
Three layers of paint were on each of the 3 elements
Stone Bridge
12"x2.5"x3.5" 1/100 scale from Novus Design Studio
Using two different colours for the stones may look odd but I like the effect
Buildings etc.

Stone Fountain
4" diameter, 2" high 1/100 scale Novus Design
I may eventually use 2 part epoxy in the fountain but here I used polyurethane with green  ink
Stalingrad Nail Factory
12"8"x3" 1/100 scale Novus Design

Copper galvanised panels are wrong but wanted to try verdigris


Stalingrad Railroad Station
13"x10"x4" 1/100 scale Novus Design
Top roof is removable


So I am hoping that is it for my Stalingrad, just have to do up the mat
Well it is a relief to get all that off the terrain queue. I still have 47 tree bases, 2 more houses and another 5' of snake railing to do but this was a good start.

5 comments:

  1. Superb, love the fountain and the railroad station...excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great collection of terrain John. Of course love the sandbags!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you’ve been very busy, some great terrain there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a lot of nice terrain items there John!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great items there; investment in nice terrain almost always pays off!

    ReplyDelete