25 September 2026

Age of Invasion Campaign-Franks vs Britons (S3)


Monday last,  I got together at the David at my place for the third season game in the Age of Invasions campaign. I decided to do a raid on the Britons as I had not confronted David in quite sometime and I wanted to make sure that I get to play all 5 players in the campaign. I suppose I will battle the Welch in season 4. This game was going to be a tough one as David is an excellent player, but I am in it for the fun and it was really nice to have David over to my place as it had been a while.

I had chosen to RAID this season, thus there would be just one game. We played the Pure Profit scenario from the Polish Tournament Battle Pack. As noted below, I completely misunderstood the tactics needed to succeed in this scenario. 

Photos

Starting positions, with the Franks to the left and the baggage train in the middle. 
The Britons are ready.
Turn 2 and the Britons had already captured 2 of the 3 baggage trains!
Game was over essentially at the beginning of turn 4, I will know better the next time.

Results


Well that was a true pounding but an odd one as only a total of 3 figures were killed during the game. I did learn a lot though as this was ot a game about fighting but more about tactics. Both my terrain choices and deployment of my warband was just terrible and by turn 2 I had realised that I missed the whole point of the scenario.

But It was great to get together with David and I believe we spent more time chatting than playing!

No comments:

Post a Comment