07 June 2024

Pulp Alley-The Lost Keys


Last Tuesday week, myself and PY got together for a gaming session in Lachine. I believe we both have missed playing Pulp Alley and it is quick to set up so we went with that. I have been getting trounced recently so I decided to go with a new league. I like my Nephilim figures so I put together a new league. I have a slightly better understanding of league construction now, and as a result you can see this is quite a different take, with more reliance on Perks than characters.

I had not realised it but this was somewhat similar to the Cultist league that PY uses but I really had not realised this when I was putting the league together. 
We diced for scenarios and ended up with scenario 2 from the main rulebook. I do not remember either of us getting a lot from the pre-game action so on to the game. PY set up a suburban terrain which looked quite nice.
On to the game, well I got wiped out pretty quickly. My dice were not too bad but I did not have much luck with the cards. PY had one attribute which allowed him to get a card every time he became the director and played them skilfully. I also did not manage my league that well, especially the abilities, missing many opportunities, so a victory to the Followers of the Eye. I will leave you with some photos.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, I will look forward to hear how your rejects game goes.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic looking table and miniatures on display there John....very inspirational...I must get my Pulp collection back in action again!

    ReplyDelete