14 January 2021

First Snow Redux

Played a very exciting game of Muskets and Tomahawks yesterday, we decided to replay our recent game as I really did not have time to set up a new table. We had planned to play some Chain of Command, but P-Y has bitten off a very big project that has yet to be ready to play.

This time, I took the Brits and P-Y took the French-Canadiens. We again diced for choice and I decided to be the attacker as before, unfortunately we forgot to set up the intrigues before the game. Our OB's ar as below. 

French-Canadiens
1 Sachem
6 man unit of Veteran, Blood Thirsty Warriors
6 man unit of Veteran, Blood Thirsty Warriors
10 man unit of Close Order Compagnie Franches de la Marine
8 man unit of Coureurs de Bois

British
1 Ranger Officer
6 man unit of Rangers
6 man unit of Rangers
6 man unit of Highland Lights
6 man unit Veteran, Blood Thirsty Warrior Braves
6 man unit Veteran, Blood Thirsty Warrior Braves


So this was a close game, unlike the last time I focused on burning the cabin where the civilians were hiding (P-Y again put all the civilians in the log cabin to the south). I also decided to attack from the west this time as well as the south and the north, I had planned to abandon the easterly approach because it was difficult to get across the river but somehow or another I got one unit of Rangers stuck there for the while game with their leader.

I felt the best unit to burn the cabin were the highland lights as they were the weakest unit I had. The game see-sawed back and forth and really it was a game where the Indians on both sides were the most effective. Bloodthirsty Veteran Warriors are quite tough in Hand to Hand, and there was a lot of Hand to Hand. It ended up being quite a close game, but I was able to eke out a victory with 16 of my 31 men on the table, when the cabin caught fire and the civilians all died in the subsequent fire. 

Still having to look up a few things but these 350 point games are easy to complete in 2 hours and are a lot of fun.


3 comments:

  1. Nicely done I do like the narrative nature of M&T 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a bit blood thirsty, setting fire to a hut full of civilians! Very nice looking little game though

    ReplyDelete