15 July 2017

Finally Some Painting: Javelin Attack Speeders



I have been very slow to get some painting done over the last 4 months, I suppose this is normal after the Painting Challenge but I also unexpectedly became quite ill and for 6 weeks in April and May, I had 3 hospital admissions and emergency surgery....it was not fun. I am all recovered now, so time to get back to the paint table.

I had started these figures in early April, they were almost done aside from some finish work. On the table with them was a Warhound, hopefully I will get this finished soon.

These are metal figures painted in the livery of the Blood Angels for my Epic Armageddon force for the 30k Horus Heresy. They are lovely little models and it was fun painting them although I did find it a little difficult to pick up after 3 months, so they may be a little rushed.

They represent a Legion Javelin Attack Speeder Squadron, this is made up of 5 vehicles. It is worth 250 points towards my planned 4000 force. I am not sure which core detachment they will support as I am reorganizing my army. Here is the blurb from the 40k Wiki.

The Javelin is a fast attack anti-gravitic skimmer used by the Adeptus Astartes in a role similar to that of the more common Land Speeder. However, unlike the Land Speeder, the Javelin mounts heavy anti-armour weaponry that it uses to engage enemy armoured vehicles and heavy infantry. The Javelin is armed with either a set of twin-linked Cyclone Missile Launchers or Lascannons as its main weapons. These weapons are located on the vehicle's flanks. The Javelin is also armed with a pintle-mounted Heavy Bolter that is used for close-range protection from enemy infantry. The pintle-mounted Heavy Bolter can be replaced with either a Heavy Flamer or a Multi-Melta. The Javelin can also be outfitted with a searchlight and up to two Hunter-Killer Missile Launchers for added firepower.



Three Lascannons and 2 Missile Launchers



photos updated 7-18-17

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful fleet, en route for battles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three hospitalizations and 1 emergency surgery; Yikes, John! Hopefully you are firmly on the path to recovery now. The ONLY good thing about being sick like that is that it tends to make us have a bit more empathy with our patients!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Peter, it is good for a physician to find out for sure what the other side is like

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear of your health issues, I hope you are now on the mend John. Delighted that you're enjoying your 'Epic' prize.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt, I am indeed, hopefully I will get the warhound up soon

      Delete
  4. Great painting work John. Hope all is well with you and glad you are back at the painting project(s) again. Those speeders look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great painting work - very sorry to hear of your health troubles but glad you're on the mend

    ReplyDelete