One member of our wargaming club in Montreal has signed on as a play tester for a new set of Age of Sail rules from Too Fat Lardies. Graham has had one game with Pierre-Yves with v1 of the rules but since then v1.1 has been released so myself and Graham decided to have a go.
Since these rules are not yet in public release, I will be limited in what I say in respect to the rules themselves. I do understand the rules writer Charlie Walker has been working on these rules for years as an alternative to the older TFL set Kiss Me Hardy.
We played with a frigate and a brig each, and I have to say these rules are very nice indeed and very easy to pick up. We made a few errors especially in respect to movement and I can say that the general mechanic of the game is somewhat similar to What a Cowboy in activation. I will leave it there but I am really looking forward to my next game.



No comments:
Post a Comment