01 April 2024

Pillage-A New Dark Ages Skirmish Game

Last Monday evening, myself and PY had a game of Pillage. This is a relatively new ruleset from France that PY had told me about some time ago. The game is set in the Middle Ages and is set at the skirmish level. The game is published in French although I thought I saw somewhere that there was a pdf available in English, I could not find it. PY sent me the QRS with which I good get a good sense of the game play with my rudimentary French.

PY had set up a beautiful table, which was defended against some invading Vikings by the indigenous Bretons. I felt it only historically accurate that I was the attacker. We played the Pillage scenario where I had to collect loot worth 10 points in 10 turns.
The Table, I was attacking from the foreground
The Bretons started with some troops in the village 
The Vikings advanced up the centre as well as on the right and left but there main attack was on the right with a planned move to the centre
Moving back to the centre
Massive combats! we totalled up the points and PY and his Bretons had defended their village!

I had a lot of fun with this game, I believe we made a few errors especially with the multiple combats but the game was quite quick and I believe we finished in a couple of hours. It was nice to play a Dark/Middle Age game that was not competitive, I have recently found that SAGA which I had enjoyed playing was becoming less and less fun because of this. I would enjoy playing it again.

For those interested here is the main website for Pillage and it's Facebook page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment