15 August 2022

Horus Heresy-Epic

 

Last Thursday, I got in my last game of what was a full week of gaming in Montréal at my friend Iannick's.  We decided to play Epic 30k, which was the game we played in our last encounter. We went with 2100 points each and I brought the same force as I had the last time. I believe Iannick might of changed things up with his force.

We scattered some terrain about the table, that actually seemed to work better than any specific layout. There were several hills blocking LOS and also several buildings which both blocked LOS but also offered cover if the formation was within them. It worked well.

As we both had Space Marine forces our initiative was the same but Iannick won the draw and went first. I believe we probably played less than 10 turns and generally did not have much problem remembering the rules, although I think combat may of got screwed up a little. I think that we missed that units are engaged if within 15cm after a single move and either engage in a Firefight or Close Combat depending on whether they are touching or not. It was quite a close game, I thought I had the upper hand for the latter third of the game but Iannick was able to pull off a clear victory in the last turn. I was really unsure about the ruleset but I actually have started to appreciate it's nuances quite a bit more and have decided to paint up a couple of more formations which include another formation of 5 Terminators as well as a formations of 4 Deredeo Dreadnaughts. I suspect our next game will be a little bigger. Here are a couple of photos.
I thought this was the combat that would lead me to victory, my Terminators had Freefallen via their Deathclaw to with  combat range of the a formation of the Sicilian tanks, they were successful but not enough to win the game for me.
In our next game, I will focus more on known the abilities of my units.

No comments:

Post a Comment