16 September 2017

Winter Supports for the Ardennes Campaign

Not a whole lot of posts recently, I left my MacAir in Montreal on my last trip and just got it back. I have been quite busy on the gaming front though. A couple of weeks ago I finished some US and German supports for the Ardennes campaign. I have also have started a totally new project which I will talk about in my next post. These are supports for the CoC Bloody Bucket campaign. I still need to do a US Sherman and I made an order error for one weapon as you will see below.

German leIG.18 Infantry Support Gun (List 4)- I had some difficulty finding this gun in 1/72. I finally found a First to Fight model. Very nice model but not really for wargaming. A lot of fiddly bits, and the 3 soldiers that cam with it were quite hard to clean. To bring the model up to 5 men I added a couple of PSC troops. I should have got the Zvezda model
US 75mm M8 HMC (List 5)-I was actually supposed to obtain a M8 Light Armored Car, but got a little confused in the ordering process. This is a SHQ model, quite nice. I added in a figure Dan Dunbar painted from I believe the PSC US Heavy Weapons set. I need to put on some decals.

US Bofors M1 40mm Gun (List 4)- Again from First to Fight, very fiddly to assemble, I left out a lot of small bits which were meaningless to me. Nice gun though, again supplemented by Dan Dunbar troops. 

US 57mm Anti-Tank Gun (List 5)-Also from SHQ with some Dan Dunbar figures.
That is pretty well it for the Bloody Bucket campaign, now let's see if I can find someone to play!


10 comments:

  1. Those should help slow jerries advance.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nifty handful of supporting weapons. The Bofors is especially nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic, realistic and atmospheric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! The chill of winter is already descending up here, and these add to the shiver. Time to put the fire on...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brrr! They look great John! I particularly like the 40mm AA gun (not something you see everyday). I also like that M8 - which reminds me that I need one for my Indochina collection...

    ReplyDelete