Next off the table is IR21. Again, I have used the Mont St Jean site as the guide and some nice Calpe figures. I included IR21 in my Prussian Army as they still wore their British supplied uniform at Waterloo. The unit was brigaded in the II Corps.
I had bought half the figures a couple of years ago when I was still doing 12 figure units, so I had to add 12 more to bring it up to 24 (I am still considering whether to bring the Prussian musketeer units up to 36, but I have to learn to control myself). Details are everything and without realising it ordered the type b uniform this time when the figures I had were the type a uniform. I decided to paint them accurately so this unit is half 1/IR21 and half 2/IR21. The first battalion has no lace, but has shoulder tufts and is faced green. The second battalion has lace and is faced red.
Very attractive units I believe, and I am happy with the paint job. The photos are not great, I thing they look better on direct inspection, but so it goes. I am still struggling with the blue, I was not really satisfied with my first lot of Prussians, their uniforms are just too blue and I feel they should be more grey. In this unit I highlighted with GW shadow grey, a little better, but not there yet. I still have 6-8 infantry battalions to go though so I am sure it will improve. I am tempted to paint 3/IR21 as well as they wore British rifle uniforms. It would be a very nice looking regiment.
A couple of variations from the official uniform. I decided to go with white knapsack straps rather then black to make them pop! I also have left off the white piping from the 2/IR21 shoulder straps as I get conflicting information on whether they existed or not. May add them when I paint the next 12 figures.